The Ninth Annual Alcohol Law and Policy Conference is taking place August 29 and 30 in Dallas, Texas. The conference starts with an opening night reception on Sunday, August 28. The conference will take place all day Monday, the 29th and ends around noon on Tuesday, the 30th.
This annual conference brings together a wide range of experts in the field of alcohol law – including attorneys, current and former alcohol regulators, academic thought leaders, public health advocates, state legislators and other experts – to discuss and debate current alcohol laws and challenges.
Registration rates increase after August 19, so don’t delay – Register today!
The agenda will include topics such as an alcohol litigation update, an update on alcohol trade practice laws, and discussions on international trade, intellectual property and how legislators and regulators interact in creating alcohol policy.
Some of the featured speakers at this year’s conference include:
- Tom Coderre, Chief of Staff, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration,HHS
- Sherry Cook, Executive Director, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- William Earle, President, National Association of Beverage Importers
- Pam Erickson, CEO, Public Action Management, PLC
- Thomas Graham, Director, Excise Tax and Marketing Practices, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Jacob Hegeman, Vice President, Legal and Regulatory Affairs, Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America
- Charles Hildebrandt, Attorney-at-Law, Roberts Law Group
- Paul Kaspszak, Executive Director, Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association
- Peter Kilmartin, Rhode Island Attorney General
- Anthony Kogut, Managing Attorney, Willingham & Coté, P.C.
- Michael Madigan, Managing Partner, Madigan, Dahl & Harlan, P.A.
- Gregg Mineo, Director, Maine Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages & Lottery Operations
- Spencer Nevins, President, Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association
- Keith Strama, Shareholder, Beatty, Bangle, Strama, P.C.
- Robert Tobiassen, Consultant, Former General Counsel, U.S. Alcohol Tax and Trade Bureau
- Adam Vanek, General Counsel, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Shawn Walker, Deputy Chief, Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Robert Vincent, Public Health Analyst, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- and many more.
I hope to see you there!