The 5th annual Alcohol Law Symposium will be held September 9-11 in Dallas, Texas. The program begins with a reception on Sunday evening the 9th, runs all day on Monday, and concludes around 12:30 on Tuesday the 11th. This annual event brings together some of the most interesting alcohol stakeholders in the country – including state regulators, attorneys general,public health officials, educators and industry officials – to discuss and debate current alcohol laws and challenges. The deadline for the hotel block is Monday.
This CLE covers a wider variety of issues from many different perspectives that other programs in the alcohol space. The CLE will cover many topical issues such as yesterday’s decision in Kentucky as well as a wide variety of issues facing state alcohol laws.
Maryland Attorney General and National Association of Attorneys General President Doug Gansler will deliver keynote remarks.
Other featured speakers include the following:
- John Ansbach, General Counsel, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Robert Clement, Alcohol Bureau
- Patrick Gagliardi, Former Michigan Liquor Control Commissioner and President, Gagliardi and Associates
- Jermaine Galloway, Underage Drinking Investigator, Boise Police Department
- Alan Greenspan, VP and Counsel, Glazers
- Kyle Kaiser, Assistant Attorney General, State of Utah
- Patrick Lynch, Former Rhode Island Attorney General and President, Patrick Lynch Group
- Bruce Livingston, Executive Director, Alcohol Justice
- John Maisch, General Counsel, Oklahoma ABLE Commission and Assistant Professor, University of Central Oklahoma
- Walter Marston, Partner, Marston & McNally, PC
- James Mosher, Sr. Policy Advisor, The CDM Group, Inc. and Principal, Alcohol Policy Consultations
- Jerry Oliver, Former Chief of Police (Detroit, Richmond and Pasadena) and State Alcohol Regulator
- Andy Stepanian, Vice President, Silver Eagle Distributors
- Lisa Sorenson, Executive Director, State and Local Legal Center
- Joanna Trachtenberg, Assistant Attorney General, Office of Missouri Attorney General
- Steve Wing, Associate Administrator for Alcohol Policy, U.S. Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- Jan Withers, National President, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- and many more
Educational sessions at this year’s Symposium include:
- Supreme Court Roundup
- STOP Act Report
- The Latest on Drunk Driving Issues
- The Impact of Alcohol Regulation on Local Law Enforcement
- Deregulation by Defunding?
- Legal Issues Facing Alcohol Distributorships
- Public Health and Alcohol
- Alcohol Pricing Regulation: Domestic and Abroad
- Alcohol Litigation Against the State Roundup